Thursday, July 7

Lengga lengga day....

Came to work on a bright and breezy note today. Had quite a considerable amount of work completed last few days, so today I took it a bit easy. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I don’t have work to do, it’s just that this week our faculty is having its annual dinner. So all of us are abuzz with preparations. It’s on Saturday, and it’s a themed dinner. I love theme parties! This Saturday it’s gonna be Bollywood Nite.

What do I know of Bollywood? I don’t watch Hindi films, nor listen to Hindi music. I know zilch. And then where am I going to get a costume? Hubby’s easy answer? His sister. And sure enough Ana has all sorts of outfits. Beautiful ones too, I might add. She told me to wear this exquisite lengga. I tried it on last weekend, and I felt like a princess. The instant I dropped the little baju on my shoulders, I felt a transformation. Never have I felt so delicate, so feminine, so so so…. royal. *contented sigh* Never mind that I’ll be wearing a tudung and the baju has sleeves up to my elbow. Never mind that I have no idea how to tie my tudung. Never mind that I’m in charged of food for 100+ people, and if the food sucks, I’m gonna pay for it. Never mind I don’t have the right shoes, or the proper jewellery. Never mind all that. The main thing is I’m a princess…. *another contented sigh*

If you need me, I'll be in the garden twirling and dancing and singing....
Ta-ta....

No comments: