Friday, June 24

Travelling Sisterhood YaYa What?

Yesterday night, I spent time watching a movie with my two sisters. We watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. I first wanted to watch it because of Alexis Bledel. I think she’s adorable. Known more for her role as Rory Gilmore in Gilmore Girls, Bledel was recently seen in Sin City.

Back to the movie, I’ve been getting the title mixed-up with The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. So during conversations with hubby, I used all variations of the movie name (except the correct one).
- The Sisterhood of the YaYa Pants
- The Travelling Pants of the YaYa Sisterhood
- The Pants of the Travelling Sisterhood
- The YaYa Pants of the Travelling Sisterhood
- The Travelling Sisterhood Pants

Ok, I digress. The movie is about 4 friends who have known each other all their lives. It follows the foursome’s adventures on their 17th summer – incidentally the first summer they spend apart. Even though they are not together, their stories are intertwined with a pair of jeans, which ‘travels’ back and forth between the four of them. This pair of pants is believed to be ‘magic’ as it miraculously fits all 4 girls.

I promise to attempt a proper review of the movie. It’s a sweet movie that moved my sisters to tears. But then again, she cries at everything, even soppy tv commercials.

It’s Friday evening. I’m looking forward to a great weekend, even though my knee still hurts like mad. I don’t think I mentioned this earlier, but I bumped my knee and now there’s a bruise and I can’t even walk straight. With my condition now, I can’t afford to bump into anything. I tend to bruise too easily. The doctor gave me some painkillers for my knee. So, what else is new. At this rate, I could become a junkie. Maybe I was. Or I was almost, anyway. But that’s altogether another story to be told on another day.

No comments: