Sunday, October 30

2nd Day - 6/10/2005 (Thursday)

I am awakened by hubby. I see his face in front of me and he mouths something. What does he want? I want to sleep, so leave me be. He shakes me again and seems to be asking me something but I fail to comprehend. For some reason, the words Tae Guk Gi keep popping up. I find out later that it was a film from Korea which won an award at the recent Asia Pacific Film Festival. How it got into my mind is beyond my comprehension. The only logical explanation is that I possibly had heard the words before and it was embedded in the unconscious recesses of my mind, and during the episode with hubby, had just popped out. Funny, come to think of it….

The Prof tells hubby that I have to be transferred from the Special Wards to a ward on level 6. It’s the High Dependency Ward (HDW). She wants me to be placed there to ensure that I am monitored 24 hours a day. We are at a loss. Is my condition more serious than a severe case of fever? We then move to Level 6, complying with the Prof’s orders. I am stunned and quite speechless at the time. And that says a lot, because I’m a constant chatterbox.

I am immediately prepped and put into Bed 1. The nurses put a tube in for me (something called a CBD, I think) so that I don’t need to get up to go to the bathroom. My first day in HDW, and I don’t even have a clue as to what is going on. All I know is that my blood pressure (BP) is too low, my temperature is too high, my head is splitting, and I just want the minutes on the clock to go faster. But of course Mademoiselle Time has to have her own sweet ways with me.

They are very strict here at the HDW. Only 2 visitors per patient are allowed at any one time. It’s lucky for me that I do not have many visitors.

I sleep and weave in and out of unconsciousness, my surroundings all forgotten….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.